2008-10-03

Dramatic Poses - Orks

Until recently, repositioning orks has been an annoying task. I usually end up getting stuck to the model and the pose isn’t exactly what I had intended. I have found that using polystyrene rods and a pin vice allow one to reposition orks (kind of like action figures) several times until the desired look is achieved and is cleaner when time to glue. Here is what I did:

What you need: pin vice, exacto knife, glue, & polystyrene rod
Step 1: Cut
Step 2: Drill: I don’t normally drill the shoulders, but I did for the tutorial.
Step 3: Insert rods:






Time to pose:: all poses were done with the same ork. The first picture is a standard pose. With a simple twist of the wrist allows for a variety of different looks


Here are some finished orks using this method. These orks are made from a combination of 40k ork and WHFB orc models:

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out